메뉴 건너뛰기

검색창 닫기
< Back to the site ccrt-stores

XEDITION

Translation

2016.6.17 ~ 2016.6.19 by VOGUE x BALENCIAGA x STUDIO CONCRETE

<VOGUE KOREA> 20주년. 기념비적 2016년을 위해‘친구’들과 의미 있는 일들을 도모했습니다. <보그>와 함께 했고, 함께 하고 있으며, 함께 할 패션 친구들과의 우정 이벤트‘#VOGUE20’이 그것입니다. 첫 번째 친구는 발렌시아가(BALENCIAGA)입니다. 우연히 발렌시아가 2016 프리폴 컬렉션 사진들을 보게 됐고, 그 순간 제 마음이 요동쳤습니다. 온화한 듯 냉정하고 소박한 듯 일상적 잔상들. 스산한 꿈이라도 꾸는 것 같았습니다. 영국 사진작가 마크 보스윅(MARK BORTHWICK)의 솜씨입니다. 전설의 <THE FACE>는 물론, <i-D> <PURPLE> <SELF SERVICE> 등의 패션&문화 잡지에서 시작된 그의 사진은 마르탱 마르지엘라(MARTIN MARGIELA), 꼼데가르송(COMME DES GARCONS) 등의 광고 작업으로도 이어졌습니다. 한 동안 패션과 거리를 둔 채, 사진 외에 영상, 단편 영화, 음악 등 다양한 영역을 아우르던 그가 다시 패션을 향해 셔터를 눌렀습니다. 발렌시아가 새 시대를 위해서입니다. 흥분을 주는 이름은 또 있습니다. 90년대부터 지금까지 단 한번도 슈퍼 모델 반열에서 내려온 적 없는 스텔라 테넌트(Stella Tennant)가 마크 보스윅의 뷰파인더 앞에 섰습니다. 발렌시아가 유전자를 동시대적으로 각색한 프리폴 의상을 입고 숨바꼭질하는 듯한 모습부터 패션쇼 무대 뒤를 훔쳐보는 듯 연출된 사진을 세상 처음 공개합니다. 미완성의 완성인 채로 또 다른 완성을 향해 진일보하는 스튜디오 콘크리트(Studio Concrete)에 새 이미지들을 진열했습니다. 이름하여 게릴라 전시. 새 시대를 연 발렌시아가 상황과 더없이 잘 어울리는 행사입니다. 역시 2대 편집장과 새 시대를 개막한 <보그>의 도발적 분위기와도 제격인 것은 말할 것도 없습니다. 이제, 패션에서만 체험할 수 있는 바로 그 순간의 전율들을, 한 여름 밤 별똥별처럼 찰나에 반짝하는 전시를 통해 여러분과 공유합니다. <보그 코리아>, 발렌시아가, 스튜디오 콘크리트가 기획한 3방향 협업으로 여러분을 초대합니다.

2016년 6월 17일

Editor in chief @ VOGUE KOREA 편집장 신광호

Vogue Korea has been planning some meaningful projects with our“Friends”for a momentous year 2016. I’m happy to introduce you to #VOGUE20, The Friendship Event that we have devised with our fashion partners who we are together, always have and always will be. Our very first partner cooperating with us is BALENCIAGA. I happened to encounter fabulous pictures of Balenciaga PRE-FALL Collection last month. On seeing them, I realized there was something that made my heart waver. The pictures were gently cold, plainly normal remnants, made me feel like I was dreaming some bleak images. Mark Borthwick, a word-class photographer from United  Kingdom, was the instrumental element in the work. Borthwick has worked with the some of the most popular fashion and culture magazines and brands, such as The Face, i-D, Purple, Self Service and those made him start working on his remarkable careers, advertisement campaign of Martin Margiela, Comme Des Garcons and others. Recently Borthwick has been away from fashion field, instead, he championed videography, independent films and music, and thankfully, he is back for this new era of Balenciaga. There is another existence making us thrilled to hear. Stella Tennant, a well-respected model in the super model world, is the centre figure of Borthwick’s viewfinder. We are excited to announce our releasing of pictures of her paired with Balenciaga’s Pre-fall looks. These works, transformed with their contemporary genetic sense, directed as if she is playing hide-and-seek and also like sneaking a look into the back-stage of fashion show. The magnificent results of these hard works will hang on the wall of the Studio Concrete, which keeps taking a major step forward to another completion. Titled“Guerrilla exhibition”, and we believe it perfectly works Balenciaga’s new looks and ideals, as well as Vogue Korea’s new generation with their newly appointed editor-in-chief. It’s our absolute honor to share this exhibition with you, majestic like a shooting star on a summer, and only in the fashion world could we have such an experience. We are pleased to invite you to our journey of three-way cooperation created by Vogue Korea, Balenciaga, and Studio Concrete.

17 JUNE 2016

Editor in chief @ VOGUE KOREA SHIN KWANG HO